Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wednesday Weigh-In No. 12

Previous Weight: 165
Current Weight: 163

Total Cumulative Loss: 10 pounds

Even though it's taken me almost a whole week to find 15 minutes of downtime to actually post the results of the first leg of the contest on this blog, it wasn't for lack of anything to say.

The contest is ridiculously close right now. Big Loser has lost a total of 38 pounds. She's trailed by Miss Competitive (24 pounds) and Boss (17 pounds), but their percentage lost actually closes the gaps. I think Miss Competitive is something like 0.2 percent higher than Big Loser right now (forgive me for forgetting the true numbers ladies).

I could still take 'em. If I instituted a starvation diet between now the final weigh in on May 1. Ha, like that's going to happen. I intend to drop as many more pounds before that fateful day as I can, however, even though I know it's practically futile for me at this point. But you can't blame a gal for tryin'. (Boss should appreciate the profundity of cliches in that last paragraph.)

I think the rest of the crew deserves a shout out for the fact that all but one lost weight (Nothing to Lose Girl managed to make a total weight loss/gain of 0 over the last 12 weeks, but she weighs just a few pounds more than a century-mark, so in my humble but wide-backed opinion, she won by keeping her already elegant figure in check.) The only person to gain over the course of the competition is Off-Site Boss, who would fly/drive in for the weekly weigh-ins, when he could, and who, in the end, maxed out at a half-pound gain. I think that just goes to show what good, old-fashioned competition and in-your-face weekly weigh-ins will do for your motivation.

Speaking of motivation, I have absolutely none when it comes to exercising at this point. I'm very disappointed in myself, but I've learned that if this competition won't get my ass moving, nothing will.

At least I learned this about myself at 30 and didn't spend the next four decades torturing myself with guilt.

By the way, I'll keep blogging at least up until the May 1 finale, so visit me once in a while, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home